Friday, January 30, 2009

This one is for Maren

I called my two year old nephew to wish him a happy birthday tonight. Happy Birthday Brigham! After talking to him..and his Dad, I mentioned I was getting fitted tomorrow for a bone stimulator..not sure what that will entail, I'll know first thing in the AM. Brian said "Maren will know what that is." so he handed the phone to her. She sadly didn't know. She inquired about my stitches..if they had been taken out..after all, she is a nurse. Yes, I had it taken out on Tuesday. My Mom works at the Temple on Tuesday, and wasn't going to be home. That left Tiffany..she refused. (so much for that future in nursing!) That left my Dad..nope, he wasn't going to do it. CRAP! I'm not pulling it out. Just as I was telling my Dad that Tiffany refused and he would have to do it, a car pulled up. I thought it was a car just turning around..nope it was MOM to the rescue. (she must have known the wusses at home wouldn't help me out). She was giddy at the thought of pulling the stitch out (yippe someone who will do it!) I snapped a picture before, so you can see the stitch hanging out..(you might need to click on the picture to see it better), the best part of my story was while my Mom was enthusiastically pulling the stitch out, my Dad was standing in front of the fireplace..grimacing, he had to turn away and leave the room..he couldn't watch. Which of course helped me not think about what my Mom was doing. I was too busy laughing at my Dad.
Thanks Mom for helping me out..again!

5 comments:

momtherunner said...

Yay for your mom! I was always the one in my house who would volunteer to do the stitches removal too. It is kind of weird, but somehow it fascinates me. Okay, but I don't understand how there is only ONE stitch. You'll have to explain that to me sometime. I'm so glad you're on the mend. Hope your bone stimulator is easy and not as painful as the name sounds! Are you home?

the lunch lady said...

wow! that is amazing! it looks really good.

Amy said...

I'm home..the bone growth stimulator isn't bad. I can't even feel it. I will say my shoulder hurts more than it did before I started the treatment.
I don't get how it was only one stitch either..the advancement of modern medicine!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about the stimulator... sounds scary! The stitches would have made me sick too. Good thing your mom showed up.

Holli Raymond said...

HAHA! I love that your Mom came to the rescue and that your Dad was a coward!!