Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sweater soup..

Ok, so one of my sweaters has holes..I mean come on..I've only had it for a few years..maybe three. by sweater standards and me, that is like being a newborn, fresh from the store. I have two HUGE bins of sweaters in my closet. So brainac that I am, went to the local store and spied some moth balls..that had lavendar so they would mask the scent. I emptied the package into both bins. (You can't have too many, right?) So, after reading the box, it said the smell should start to go away in a week. I had to close my closet doors..it was pretty foul. So finally after a week, I went to wear one of my sweaters..I couldn't do it! It stunk..it was making me stink. So when I got home from work that night, I decided to wash said sweater, and hey, why not wash the rest of them..(I'm looking at a pile right now that I need to put away).
The ones I washed smelled worse than the ones I didn't wash. Matt asked if I spilled a gallon o f bleach in the laundry room. I was thinking more like Ammonia. I nixxed the idea of washing the rest..after being washed twice, they still stunk. I pulled out the febreze, and hung the dry ones up..sprayed and sprayed...then sprayed some more. I love febreze..how did I live without it? My sweaters are no longer stinky..ahhhh

3 comments:

momtherunner said...

Yay for febreeze!! Moth balls are really that stinky? Wow--who knew! I'll have to remember your trick if I ever need to use them!

the lunch lady said...

yuck!!

mothballs!

and apparently the smell of wet mothballs!

(that really is funny;))

Suzie said...

I can't stand the smell of frebreeze, Yay that it worked for you! Too funny about the mothballs!

By the way, I tagged you on my blog. Check it out!