Before surgery I took a picture..and of course one after I removed the bandage. I also took a picture just before removed the bandage.. I don't know if you can see it..but the bandage left a "burn" like redness on my skin. It has finally started to fade away today. My wonderful co-workers had flowers delivered to my Mom and Dad's during my recovery..they are so beautiful!
For those of you wondering..where is Amy? My Mom won't let me leave. She announced on Sunday that she doesn't want me leaving because she doesn't want me going to work tomorrow. So, after hauling my bags upstairs to go..her and my Dad said they didn't want me to go..I said how long do you want me to stay? My dad said until I wear out my welcome..my Mom said until at least Thursday. Keep in mind my Dad is having surgery on Wednesday for his back. I guess my Mom likes the practice playing nurse with me.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
What's under there?
I finally got to see what is under the brace yesterday...yippee. I know I'm a wuss beforehand, I don't like to think about the cutting and what they do during surgery. After the fact however, is a different story..I like looking at the incision scar. I haven't seen the actual incision..but I have seen under the big huge bandage...It was huge, my wonderful sister in law (the nurse) cut it down before applying the next one..thank you Maren!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good! I'm glad to hear your mom is taking such good care of you. Moms are the best. Your scar looks good. I'm amazed they could do everything they did through such a small little cut! Come home, as soon as your mom will let you. We miss you. And we will bring you food. But apparently not bananas or yogurt!
I am happy to hear that your surgery went well and you are healing nicely. I miss you and you have been in my thoughts. Sit back, relax and let your momma take care of you!
Ouch, but I too thought it would be a much bigger incision. Your mom sounds great! Enjoy your down time.
It was kinda fun to do the bandage change. To bad we didn't get to see the actual incision. Just so know, you were a great patient.
Post a Comment