We gathered the troops yesterday for a 65th birthday celebration. Melissa called me on Thursday and told me that she was going to fly in and suprise everyone. Tiffany and I were on a secret mission: to pick up Melissa from the airport Saturday night, and keep her being in town top secret. We succeeded! We also succeeded in getting Tiffany in trouble, Parental units didn't know where in the world Tiffany the younger was. They were worried she had been kidnapped. Who knew they would have stayed up well past their respectable bedtimes to check and see if she came to get her car.
We didn't think Dad knew who he was waving goodbye to as Melissa stood on the lawn and waved, as he went off to Home teach. She was supposed to ring the doorbell, however, Dad leaving wasn't part of the "plan". Mom was nearly reduced to tears, but I think that was also in part because she was relieved that Tiffany was safe and sound. First thing Dad said when he returned home was: "what is going on, what is Melissa doing here?" I guess he noticed after all.
We had a full house, all seven of us kids came. Food and visiting, washer toss was played. I even spied Bradley in the hot tub.I think Brigham had one too many Skittles in this photo. He looks like he is coming down from a sugar high.

After the masses left Scott, Mom, Dad, Tiffany, Melissa, and I played Mormon bridge, and golf. Surprisingly, I didn't lose even though I was bringing up the perverbial rear the entire game. It was nearly 11 at that point. Scott took his leave, and the girls jumped in the hot tub to relax after all the slaving away we did in the kitchen.
After the masses left Scott, Mom, Dad, Tiffany, Melissa, and I played Mormon bridge, and golf. Surprisingly, I didn't lose even though I was bringing up the perverbial rear the entire game. It was nearly 11 at that point. Scott took his leave, and the girls jumped in the hot tub to relax after all the slaving away we did in the kitchen.
Happy Birthday Dad we love you! I know you have been a great example to me of a hard worker. No challenge too big or small for you, you will gladly drop everything to come and help one of us kids out.
No comments:
Post a Comment