Friday, June 20, 2008

Barney Fife car


Barney Fife car
Originally uploaded by Eduardo Muriedas

It's official..our alarm system works! I took the two pugs out for a walk last night, and set the alarm..after all carrying my bulky keys in my pocket along with a bottle of water for Zoe, and the bags for Mugsy, just isn't happening. Long story short, I got home and Matt said he set off the alarm. He didn't notice it had been set, figured with the door being unlocked, that the house wasn't secured. Needless to say, he forgot "the code" in the panic of having set off the alarm for the second time in three months, that his mind went blank and he gave her the wrong code. I went outside to water, and Mugsy started whining..I went up to see why, Matt was on the porch with one of the local policeman showing him his drivers license. I gave him a lecture on always looking to see if it has been set..so first thing this morning, I myself walked right past the alarm system, and immediately opened the back door for Mugsy. I was scooping out dog food before I remembered that the alarm was on "no entry delay", and I had just set it off. Needless to say, the lady came on the intercom, and I had to give "the code" and my name. I kept listening for the doorbell. I'm thinking I'm good, and Matt doesn't need to know that I set off the alarm, the day after I had given the lecture of always looking.

4 comments:

the lunch lady said...

I worry I'm going to do the exact same thing -- panic and not remember the code. Glad it's not just me!

Ann said...

Thank goodness. When we got home from our trip there was a message that there was perhaps a break in. I forgot to follow up. Glad the outcome was just a lecture. Don't you remember being in California and setting off Ann Mannings alarm. We hated it because you couldn't even touch the door or walls before doing something with the alarm. Funny it was Amy that set off the alarm then too!

Janean said...

That is funny! I would probably do the same thing too!

Amy said...

I think I was too young to remember setting off aunt Anne's alarm. Probably for the best, my memories of California are already dramatic enough..seaworld.