Thursday, December 25, 2008

San Diego


Where does the time go? I really meant to update you on our adventures in SD. We met up with Melissa (my older sister) and her sweet friend Marina Saturday for the concert. We didn't realize we would be standing outside in line for an hour..the joys of a "free" concert. Tiffany and I had spent the day at the World famous San Diego zoo...my new camera, that I only charged for an hour died towards the end of the day. Silly me, I didn't pack the charger. Thankfully, Melissa's friend brought her camera so we could take pictures at the concert. Sadly, some of the best shots, have a girl raising her hand up in the air, so I got her hand instead. Plus, it was really dark in the house of blues.


Tiffany and I arrived in SD wearing coats and sweaters. It was HOT. Melissa like all people that live in California, thought it was cold. 58 is not cold people. First thing we did when we arrived was shed some layers. Next up, rental car. They gave us a PT cruiser..about 30 seconds after Tiffany said "it better not be a cruiser, I hate those cars."
I wisely asked for GPS. We forgot to pack Mom and Dad's. (they think it is too complicated to figure out). GPS saved our perverbial bacon multiple times. It guided us almost everywhere we wanted to go see without getting us lost. I the driver did take a few wrong turns..oops. The temple was one of the hard places to find. We typed in several different names, at one point we were guided to a church. I finally typed in Temple..and yea, it worked, and we made it..they were setting up for the live nativity.


We had an awesome Hotel and was told they upgraded us to the Marina view, not that we were there much. It was fun to see people decorating their boats for Christmas..


This is Tiffany just outside our back door.
We spent Friday night walking around "Old Town". My feet were killing me by the time we left. I found a bunch of cute minature animials, my favorite isn't a minature, but a dragon made out of a gourd. If you give them away, you are supposed to have good luck. Sorry, can't part with him.
Sunday, we spent in Coronado. The wind was blowing something fierce. Dumb me, brought the pastries I purchased the night before. (they were too messy to eat in the car). We felt like we were in the Hitchcock movie the birds. Out of NO WHERE appeared a dozen hungry seagulls, that wanted our food. Greedy little buggers. I threw them my pastry to help get them away allowing pokey to eat the rest of hers. We ended up running from them, while despite the wind they kept up with us. We ran the other way, me yelling at Tiffany to shove it in her mouth and eat it. Needless to say, she ended up "giving" the birds over half of her food. Once the food was gone, it was nice and peaceful. We sat and watched a guy kite surf. Which looks like it takes a lot of coordination, upper arm strength and GUTS. We then went to Marina's house, and later to Hotel Del Coronado. She lives about three blocks away. It was a nice ending to a fun trip!

2 comments:

the lunch lady said...

sounds like so much fun!!! I am jealous!

Shem said...

OMG! I can just picture the seagull incident. Hilarious!