Friday, September 26, 2008

Trip to the dentist


Last week I decided I better get to the dentist. The fuzzy teeth had to go! I should have known I was in for it, when the Hygentist asked right off "have you been using the bleaching strips you got last November?" --couldn't she tell, my teeth are sparkling WHITE..right? "Um..no, they hurt my teeth." I said. "You better use 'em, just use them every other day". Ya right that is going to help! Next up..FLOSSING. This is one I always try and tell them up front..I'm not a flosser, and I hope me being up front about it, they let it slide. No such luck. This new girl is brutal. I got the mother of all lectures. I think she had a bad patient before me..it couldn't possibly be me..right? Needless to say, I was sent home with a giant goody bag, not the kind I liked filled with yummy treats...no, this was filled with Floss, a flossing tool, toothpaste, two bottles of listerine, and a toothbrush. Needless to say, with my new gum fighting disease arsenal, I spend more time brush, flossing, swishing and spitting, than I do getting ready for work in the morning. On a happy note my wonderful denist told me my teeth looked great...despite the fact I don't floss. However, I have flossed everyday since my visit. We will see if it lasts after my next visit coming up on Monday.
This post brought you by me not having anything else to blog about.

3 comments:

the lunch lady said...

braces have made me start flossing religiously. i'm afraid if i don't i'll end up with horrible corroding rotten teeth with spots on them. the propaganda has taken hold. boo. it takes so long to do.

Shem said...

I know this is sick and wrong, but...

I LOVE THE DENTIST!

I am an avid flosser (can't sleep if I don't) and I actually call them before they can call and remind me to go.

I need help.

Amy said...

Shem..you are one sick puppy! I don't mind the dentist, however, even the scare of the dreaded spots after wearing braces didn't cure me of my no flossing habit.