Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Labor day weekend

My favorite radio station played ALL types of genre's this weekend. Some of the songs that they played brought up memories I had completely forgotten about. Cheesy song #3 on Friday was a classic example. It brought up memories of my oldest brother and his friends dancing in the driveway at our old house. At the time I believe I had a major crush on at least one or two of them. After all, what girl of 12 wouldn't want to go for the older man? Who knew having an older brother would pay off? So when the song came on..my memories flooded in. Now, keep in mind this isn't as good as watching my brother and his friends make up their own dance, but you get the gist. Oh, the memories..Another song that brings up memories is. When we first moved into our new house, our little green scooter was immediately put to use in the fields across the street. I'm not sure how it came to be that the kids got to ride that scooter all over the hills, and fields, not to mention the street, but that scooter was better than any dirt bike. My little brother's friend Jon would sing this song as we went flying over the hills. To this day, I can't hear this song without remembering the fun we had. Did I mention I really want a scooter? Well, I do.

1 comment:

the lunch lady said...

that was awesome! a song can really bring back the past. I think Milli Vanilli's lip synch is still off. And he definitely has the hair flip down.