Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Park City, State fair, football game...

I think I need another vacation. I was in beautiful Park City last week. If I could afford it, I would have a summer home there. Notice the summer part..I don't do winters. A Park City winter would probably push me over the edge.
We got home Friday morning, just in time to relax, and get ready for the big college football game. Did I mention it was a shut out? I don't even feel bad for mentioning that. If' I'm going to sit and roast in the sun, I feel it gives me some kind of authorization to admit such things. I love shut outs. (only if we are the one's to dish them out). We sat on the South end zone, where most all of the action happened. My newest nephew (two weeks old) made his grand entrance at the second half. I guess he was trying to make it up to his aunts and grandma for missing the opening game. Isn't he cute?

Then it was onto the state fair. I think that is where all walks of life come out of their caves, and holes to meet at the same spot. Lots and lots of people watching. My favorite thing is to watch the tractor pull. I know totally trashy, but what can I say, there is something about a truck, pulling a tractor.

While at the fair, we came across BIG Red. I made Tiffany pose for pictures, she is a good sport. This certain cow weighs in at a slimming 2930 pounds, and is six feet at the shoulders. We were curious if this cow can even stand up without assistance, or if a crane is called in. Notice she is closing her eyes in this photo, hoping the big red doesn't decide that she smells fear.



I thought the billy goat was worthy of a shout out, or at least a posting on the blog. This is what I wanted to do at the end of the night..sleep. My feet were killing me. Must have been all that sitting down watching the tracker pull. Tiffany finally succeeded in purchasing a $4 ear of corn on the cob. Probably the best corn either of us had purchased. My mouth is watering now thinking of the lemon pepper butter...

2 comments:

Shem said...

Ooooo Lemon pepper butter! What a fabulous idea.

the lunch lady said...

what a cute cougar fan!

it is scary to see the underworld that comes out of hiding to go to fairs.