Friday, September 26, 2008

Sundays, bundt cake and a warning...

Usually on Sunday's I am home more than any other day of the week. This can be a very very bad thing. Why you wonder? The cupboards start calling to me..telling me of all the yummy treats hidden in their dark corners, waiting for me to take them out and bake them. Now normally, I'm not a cake fan. I can take it or leave it. Last Sunday, I couldn't leave it. That chocolate devils food cake was calling to me, and I answered the call. I had gone to the local wally world to buy a bundt pan a couple of months ago. It was an emergency, needed that pan, right now! I had a recipe that NEEDED this bundt pan. This two months later, it was on it's maiden voyage. Sometimes my brain thinks I need things..RIGHT NOW.

As I was sitting there waiting for the cake to bake, I read the package that it came in. I think I saved it hoping they had a recipe on the back. No recipes..just a friendly warning to bird owners. The warning said, and I quote "Use adequate ventilation when pet birds are in the home. If you should accidently overheat your pan leave area until fumes dissipate, just as you would with any smoke or burning odors in the kitchen." This warning doesn't really give me confidence that the food being cooked inside it's walls, are ok to eat. However, the cake calling to me to eat it, is stronger than the warning. I dug right in as soon as it was frosted. I must say, for a piece of chocolate cake, with chocolate frosting, it was pretty darn tasty. I wonder what treats the cupboards will release next Sunday.

2 comments:

Shem said...

A Bird warning? Really? I have nothing to say about that.

the lunch lady said...

mmmmm chocolate cake, chocolate frosting!