Here is the newest addition to our family. Benjamin Robert. He had to wait a day before his parents finally decided on his name. I guess it is better than the 3 months his dad had to wait to receive his..Check out all that dark hair, notice it is sticking up in the back..his cousin on his mom's side apparently has the same TWO cowlicks, and no amount of hair gel will keep that hair down! When his brother was born, I don't think he had one hair on his head..or if he did, it was so light, we couldn't see it. He came in with a fighting weight of 7 pounds 7 ounces, 20" long. (beating his older brother on both counts). His Mom said this delivery was a lot easier as well..hopefully he continues to be an easy baby.
We pulled up to the hospital in a rain storm. I made the driver pull over so I could snap a photo to show you just how HUGE this hospital is. I think it needs it's own zip code..there is more off to the left..
We arrived in the room to a quiet baby laying by his Mom. Of course that all changed when aunt Tiffany took him..he started to whine, so Aunt Amy to the rescue, I lulled him to sleep. I think that is part of some super power I have..I bore babies to sleep. Or maybe it was that he was halfway asleep as it was. His older brother stopped by for a visit..he wanted nothing to do with his brother..until he was away from him. Then he would say baby..if you took him to the baby, he cried and tried to get away from you. He was however, mesmerized as his dad changed the diaper..
This is him in the hallway, looking for "mama"..which I soon discovered was just him talking. As I tried to pry him away from the window, he started saying "no mama" (when he really meant..window). So I lured him away in hopes of finding a drink..luckily hospitals have sprite on tap, and he was quickly satisfied.
I know he will make an excellent big brother, showing Ben all the fun he too can have with tools. Brigham LOVES tools..any kind doesn't matter, and the real ones are that much better.
5 comments:
cute pics. Congrats on becoming an aunt again!
so cute! so lucky!!
Congratulations...favorite Aunt Amy! He is beautiful.
what a cute baby! Congrats Aunt Amy!
Post a Comment