Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Bucket list..

So the other night I was minding my own, and I thought "hey, why not see what the beloved TV has on?" It was on ABC..some interview type program. I don't normally watch these kinds of programs. Not because I'm above them..just don't enjoy them as much as crime scene shows, or Wipe out (anyone who hasn't watched that show, is really missing out). Anyway, the previously mentioned show, was doing a tribute show. I don't want to say the person's name for fear of everyone and their dog finding my blog when they search it. I will attach said link to his lecture..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmIy7NCSWj0&feature=related
It was nice being reminded that the material isn't as important as your friends and family. To remember to live everyday as if it were your last. It got me thinking, what would be on my "bucket list" if I were given a time limit?
Here are a few of my bucket list items...
*Travel to Scotland
*Ride cross-country on a motorcycle
*Do something that terrifies me
I was reminded that I need to count my blessings, even though at the time it may appear I have very few. Because to someone else, I probably have a lot.
Will you be an Eyore or a Tigger? That statement has stuck with me the most. It's easy to see the downside to what is going on, but is it possible to see the upside just as easily?
I did shed a few tears while watching the tribute, and for those of you who know me..know, I don't cry...easily. Tiffany was in shock when I told her I cried while watching this program.
I think the thing that impressed me the most was how he continued on with his life as if he had years left, not weeks or months. His kids had no idea he was sick. How many of us would have that kind of courage?

2 comments:

the lunch lady said...

I just got a copy of that book. I'm excited now to read it!

Amy said...

I didn't know he had a book until his tribute. You will have to let me know how it is.