Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Better than...

So this cake is called "better than sex cake II" I didn't come up with the name, I don't even know what happened to the first version. This cake, is one of the only ones that I enjoy. I'm not a cake or pie person.
You start off by making up a devil's food cake as directed. When you pull it out of the oven, you poke holes in it, using a fork I've found is the easiest way. Don't go all the way through the cake. You take a 6 oz jar of caramel ice cream topping, and sweetened condensed milk and cook them together. While those are cooking, sprinkle toffee bits on top of the cooling cake. Pour the caramel topping over the cake. Let cool. Next take 8 ounces of whipped topping, and spread over the cooled cake, sprinkle more toffee bits, and you can drizzle caramel topping over the top. Put it in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy. This has been a hit at work. They love it when I bring it in. Enjoy.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

yummm!! and calorie free right?

the lunch lady said...

yum! if you have any leftovers, feel free to bring some my way . . .

Anonymous said...

AAAGH, thanks for sharing!

kninsa said...

Whoever told you it's "better than..." probably wasn't doing "..." the right way.

Shem said...

Right way or wrong way... Just add the cake INTO the mix. Then everyone is happy.

kninsa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kninsa said...

um... *cough* ...I think... *sneeze* ...I'm really... *hack* ...too sick to come in... *sniff* ...today, sir...

Parkside View said...

My mother used to refer to this cake as "The next best thing to Robert Redford." Her alternate title revealed two things about her. #1 She was old and #2 she was old fashioned. Either way, it's a great cake. Jason came home from work talking about it, and asking me to make it for him. Problem with that is I'll likely eat half of it as well!

Amy said...

Again, I didn't name it. I do like the "next best thing to Robert Redford" Easier to explain at family functions.
I have to take the cake to work, or I will blow my entire diet for the month!

Janean said...

Yum! This sounds really good. I have made one similar but without the caramel but this sounds delicious!