Sunday, November 30, 2008

As promised...

I think I was bullied into this post..I'm pretty sure I was bullied into it. I went to an "open house" tonight, and right out of the gate, I was asked "why don't you blog more than once a month?" Why?.hmmmm..I'm just not all the interesting..I'm sorry, but there you have it. I will say, I went and did the "let me get up before the roosters, and go from store to store, in search of that "sale" on Friday morning." If you can call getting up at 5 AM after going to sleep around 1 AM, morning.. I'm still feeling sluggish.
My little sister is totally into that day after Thanksgiving day sale thing. Me, I can take it or leave it, but am finding I enjoy a good bargain find, as long as the lines aren't long, and the people aren't crazy..this year they weren't, I was pleasantly surprised.

This year, we started off at "sam's"..they offered free breakfast..who can resist that? We walked all around the store in search of breakfast, and discovered it was in the front..clever. So we walked on over, got our food and sat down..my Jimmy dean was ICE cold..I don't think he intended my breakfast sandwhich to include ice in it. I was able to nibble around the edges..I was hungry people, and knew it was going to be a long, long morning.

We didn't find everything we wanted, but picked up a new camera.
Next stop, ShopKo. I got me a new device so I can be hands free while talking on my cellphone. I understand this will come in handy when I'm in San Diego on the 12th for a concert. They don't allow you to talk on phones while driving. (it was free..however, after car rental, hotel and flight, free isn't looking that great). I also found my favorite TV show buy one get one FREE..so it was basically $16.00 for TWO season's of fun!
Next up..Kohl's. After walking around the store in search of the ad items that we just had to have, they didn't live up to our standards, so instead little sister snagged the "scene it Seinfeld edition"..yippee! She already declared, she is going to ROCK that game.

From there we went to Target..it wasn't as crazy as it seemed..the parking lot was completely packed, yet inside you wouldn't have known that. We picked up our psych DVD's..and guitar hero Aerosmith two pack..wahoo..we now have FOUR guitars, and only the two of us to play. I guess that means Bub and Maren will have to come down and play with us.

If you think our shopping was done..guess again..we hit Wal*mart..where Hancock was the only thing that left with us..after walking around for 20 minutes. We then decided Best Buy might have something in store for us..they did. I got my ipod a place to rest and play me music when I wake up..I know, I'm so thoughtful..my feet at this point were KILLING me..I don't think it was quite 10 yet..it felt like NOON.
I thought we were going home..I was dreaming of falling asleep on the couch, it wasn't to be. We made the stop at Costco..found a BETTER camera, that cost just a bit more (but on sale! I love Costco).but I LOVE IT..had to HAVE it..but first had to return the other camera to our first stop. Got in the car, drove back to Provo, and returned the camera..then I got to go home and SLEEP..for about two hours. I woke up thinking, I better get to Costco, or my camera won't be on sale anymore...no fear there, it was...and still is until today. I picked it up..then returned it the next day, buyer remorse..only to re-buy it..because really, I need a camera for my up coming trip..and who can pass up a "deal"?
I also took a purchase back to Target today as well..I love buyers remorse.

I'm exhausted.

I didn't post this to make you jealous of my running around the city..I really didn't, so don't be jealous. I'm jealous that you were home in bed..ASLEEP...saving your money.

I will admit, I loved looking at a receipt and having it point out how much I "saved".
This year I don't think I've seen so many TV's leaving the store at once. It was amazing. I said where are they "hiding" these, or are they just putting them up early and saying Santa made a "special delivery?" People were buying TWO and THREE big 42" and 50+" TV's..not your standard 20" or even 32" midgets.

Happy Holidays..let the craziness begin. I hope I'm almost done with my shopping and "saving".

4 comments:

kninsa said...

You rule. Your sister rules. A new TV would totally rule.

Thanks for coming by.

Shem said...

I got tired reading your post. I think I slept until 10am on Friday. :)

Amy said...

I made up for it on Sunday..I didn't wake up until almost 11. I love sleeping in. Next year isn't going to be my friend with 9 AM church.
Thanks for the invite..I'm glad my sister didn't embarrass me. ;)

the lunch lady said...

I LOVE a deal!!

This makes me tired. And jealous.