Saturday, November 22, 2008

TwYlight

Why, oh why did I go to this movie? I should have known it wouldn't live up to it's hype. I have been reminded that this is a "young adult" story. I'm a young adult aren't I? I still believe in the concept of the story..I still love the idea of a love that runs so deep and true and pure..what I don't believe in..is Independent films. I will say, I truly hope that the next three books..if there are movies for them, are done by Holliwood. I love holliwood when it comes to making movies. I don't love the people in HW when they tell me I need to go GREEN, or even who we should vote for. They do know how to make a good love story..sometimes when they can keep it PG.13..and even then that is pushing it.
I just needed to vent..I just need to cleanse my pallete. I feel better. I will say I have spoken with people who didn't think it was that bad..and dare I say, even enjoyed it. Maybe I'm still upset that Edward..just didn't live up to the "hottness" that he did in the book.

Ah well..I'm off to see a movie..a wonderful HW movie...wish me luck.

3 comments:

Shem said...

Nothing ever lives up to the HYPE!

the lunch lady said...

You have to go into these things with LOW to NO expectations.

Then you're seldom disappointed.

Janean said...

I have to say I am not excited to go see the movie. I have not heard good things at all. My sister-in-law said she was even laughing out loud it was so cheesy and dumb. I'm thinking the dollar movie if anything or a redbox rental before I see it.