Monday, May 05, 2008

Pet Peeves..




So on my way home from work today, I was listening to Parker. For those of you who aren't aquainted with Parker, he works for 101.9 The End. He was doing Parker's Pet Peeves. Which I thought was very catchy. So I thought hey, why not come up with my own Pet Peeves.
I will try and keep it short, and without too much complaining. I'll try to not mention the price of gas, we all know that is a painful subject!
The fact that my lawn won't look this good in two months, I will be fighting the summer heat to keep it nice and green. Which, I have to wonder why mine is so green and my neighbors are all brown and dead..will theirs be green when mine is brown? hmmmm..

Going to get that treat you purchased at the store, only to realize that someone else ATE it! Good bye treat.
Standing in line at a cash register, having the sales person look at you and turn their back on you, because for some unknown reason, they need to fold a shirt sitting on the counter. I know, I know, that is when I should put down the purchases and walk away.


Going grocery shopping on a Saturday afternoon, only to discover the sales begin on Monday, however, you are out of food, and Monday feels like two months away!

Standing on the scale only to realize that the three pounds you thought you lost..found you again, and decided to bring friends along this time, taking your total weight loss from 25 to 22. They make it look so easy on Biggest Loser..Are they recruiting yet?

Some might say I'm Mrs. X when I get behind the wheel of my car..(Shout out to Bub), however, I have to say that being cut off when there are NO cars behind me, is Mrs. X worthy.

I hope this wasn't too painful, I've decided now that more peeps have my URL for my blog, that perhaps I should try and update it.

So on that final note, my final pet peeve. My dog Mugsy barking at just about everything from kids on TV, to music (he really doesn't like Opera), and don't forget any animal no matter how great or small it is.





5 comments:

Ann said...

That yard is amazing. Perhaps we could use some advice on ours since we have Bent grass that is waiting for poison to be be replaced. Glad I have a personal gardener who is running all the time and soon maybe out of steam. Way to go on a perfect yard. It will look good all summer.

Maren said...

The losing the weight and it 'finding' you is hilarious. Good play with words. Grr, I totally agree with the sales thing. It seems like there are sales all the time in the advertisements, and yet the days i actually get out there to do a little shopping happen to be those rare days when there is no sale. Bitter.

Shem said...

A friend of mine and I used to do a similar rant when we had a bad day. We'd get on IM and do a hate list. For instance...

I hate Mondays. I hate drinking a slim fast and then instantly wanting a snack. I hate expired yogurt. I hate 51degree mornings in JUNE.

Give it a try. It is so therapeutic.

Anonymous said...

Loved the peeves! Laughed my head off.

Amy said...

I think I like Sherri's hate list idea..I can already imagine how therapeutic it is. However, would i have to also have to do a love list?