I would be an ungrateful soul, if I didn't at least acknowledge Mother's day. After all, I have a great Mom, who puts up with more than most would..or should. After all having seven children is probably something that would wear one right out, and she keeps..on going. I started off the day by being well..lazy. I had prepped most of the food for dinner the night before. I was actually on the ball for once. I went to church, and kept wondering why I was there..I am not a Mom (except to my two dogs, who are currently both asleep at my feet). I wasn't going to stand up if they passed out flowers, in fact I kept thinking exit stage right. I stayed..I was treated to a piece of cheesecake, that's the last thing I need, after all I haven't stepped foot in the gym for a week..yikes! After church, I hurried home, let the dogs out and gathered up my piles of food, bags of goodies, and was off.
I arrived at the parental units home, to find that everyone was downstairs watching the post Jazz game. I figured since I called the dinner, I best get upstairs and get to it. What did we have you may ask? We had Flank Steak, and it is with such saddness I don't have a picture to show you just how YUMMY this was. Dad suggested getting one, however, he was too distracted with the fork continuing it's path to his mouth to remember to take it. He and Brian even had a "hey, you heathen that is mine" tussle with the fork, as Brian tried unsuccessfully to steal the last two bites of meat off Dad's plate. (even with Mom helping his cause; he lost). I guess you don't come between Dad and his steak! We also had Baked potatoes, a yummy salad the Brian threw together, a chicken, about six different desserts that Tiffany made, and a few rolls that I brought along, just in case. I guess I knew Mom's Rhoades bake and burn's would probably be on the ancient side, and fail to "rise to the occasssion." Richard failed in his duty in bringing rolls, they opted to stay home to eat Spaghetti--their loss!
David and the family showed up. Isabella is already crawling. However, she was hindered by the massive amounts of silky material known as a dress, and the crying (see picture).
We played Bocce, which given the street Mom and Dad live on, is bound to cause an accident, as people come flying down the road, and crane their necks to see what we are doing.
We played some Wii after Big D and Bub left for home. I lost my Pro status on bowling, I'm sure it will take five months to get it back. I did predict I would lose it that night, which didn't help when it happened.
I was thankful for the family that did show up to honor our great Mom, who is such an example to all of us of a loving and kind person. Always thinking of others, doing for others without complaint. I love you Mom. Happy Mother's day!
I arrived at the parental units home, to find that everyone was downstairs watching the post Jazz game. I figured since I called the dinner, I best get upstairs and get to it. What did we have you may ask? We had Flank Steak, and it is with such saddness I don't have a picture to show you just how YUMMY this was. Dad suggested getting one, however, he was too distracted with the fork continuing it's path to his mouth to remember to take it. He and Brian even had a "hey, you heathen that is mine" tussle with the fork, as Brian tried unsuccessfully to steal the last two bites of meat off Dad's plate. (even with Mom helping his cause; he lost). I guess you don't come between Dad and his steak! We also had Baked potatoes, a yummy salad the Brian threw together, a chicken, about six different desserts that Tiffany made, and a few rolls that I brought along, just in case. I guess I knew Mom's Rhoades bake and burn's would probably be on the ancient side, and fail to "rise to the occasssion." Richard failed in his duty in bringing rolls, they opted to stay home to eat Spaghetti--their loss!
David and the family showed up. Isabella is already crawling. However, she was hindered by the massive amounts of silky material known as a dress, and the crying (see picture).
We played Bocce, which given the street Mom and Dad live on, is bound to cause an accident, as people come flying down the road, and crane their necks to see what we are doing.We played some Wii after Big D and Bub left for home. I lost my Pro status on bowling, I'm sure it will take five months to get it back. I did predict I would lose it that night, which didn't help when it happened.
I was thankful for the family that did show up to honor our great Mom, who is such an example to all of us of a loving and kind person. Always thinking of others, doing for others without complaint. I love you Mom. Happy Mother's day!
No comments:
Post a Comment