Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Garden is growing....

Or rather the weeds in the garden are..I snapped a few pictures tonight, to show you all how my yard is looking. I have done it 99.9% by myself, and I am taking great pride in this accomplishment. No, it isn't the same as working the chainsaw up at Bub's, but it is a close second. This first picture is my "grass" that was supposed to be what I thought were annuals, and was amazed they were around after that first winter..I have FOUR count them FOUR clumps growing, only these two are the bigger ones, and to think only two years ago, I transplanted them, and divided them. They must love that dirt, like the weeds do, and never getting any H2O.




This picture is to show you I have some color growing in the garden. (even my grass is green right now. I'm sure it won't stay that way forever). Too bad my lillies aren't in bloom, I will have to snap a few photo's when they do decide to make an appearance. They have thrived back by the fence, where the dirt I thought couldn't grow anything. My Lilac bush I planted last year, is struggling to get taller than the "grass" I have complete faith that it will eventually do it. For those of you without a Lilac bush, I highly recommend getting one, or in my case..two. Nothing brightens your day like walking outside and smelling fresh lilac in bloom.

The last picture is of my roses..they aren't my specialty, I haven't killed them yet, but it is only a matter of time.

2 comments:

Brian, Maren & Brigham said...

The garden is great. Have your roses started to bloom yet? Our just came out the last couple of days.

Lilac, huh? do you think we should plant some at our house? We are always looking for suggestions, being that I am gardening illiterate.

Amy said...

My roses, are attempting to bloom. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm sure your roses look a lot better than they used to. I personally love Lilac bushes, they are very low maint. and very fragrant. :0) If you are looking at planting trees, I have a CD you can borrow..just give me notice so I can find it!